There are a few reasons you may be seeing a charge that is more than you expected.
- Taxes – Depending on where you live, you may be charged taxes in addition to your subscription price.
- Fees – In some countries, card companies may charge an extra fee for cross-border transactions. Some countries may change the currency to USD even though we charge in local currency.
Argo says ‘Your account is on hold because of a problem with your last payment.’
If you see an error that says
‘Your account is on hold because of a problem with your last payment.’
It indicates that Argo could not collect payment. This could happen for several reasons:
- The payment method may be lacking funds.
- Please note that other pending charges or authorizations can impact the available balance on your card.
- The payment method has expired or is no longer valid.
- Your financial institution did not approve the monthly charge.
- The payment information provided to watchargo.com does not match what your bank has on file.
- US only: The credit card zip code on your Argo account does not match the one listed with your bank